Eco-Friendly Home Value Increases
Upgrades, Renovations, to increase home values...
Increasing your resale value, there is a fine line between making updates and adding immediate resale value to your investment.
Updating Kitchens, Bathrooms, Counter, and Landscaping, bring you immediate resale value Most people perceive bathrooms and Kitchen updates as most
impactful on home resale value, these areas are high - use, high - traffic, and result in a high level of interest.
Kitchens will give you one of the biggest returns on your investment.
Landscaping, go low maintenance, the most affordable way to increase your home value in the first year.
Eco friendly renovation tips to increase resale value
- Improve air tightness through caulking
- Spray foam insulation
- Upgrade windows and doors, vinyl frames
- Replace furnace filters regularly
- Install dimmer switches
- Use power bars to switch off electronics
- Install aerator faucets
- Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Install outside motion detector switches
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Upgrade windows and doors
- Add insulation in attic and basement walls
- Upgrade the homes ventilation system
- Upgrade furnace and hot water system
- Add renewable energy systems, solar thermal array or
- New furnaces are more efficient than ever
Your home value, on average, will increase 5 to 10% once energy efficient home improvements have been made.
Do it yourself tips
- Add water saving fixtures
- Switch to low–flush or dual–flush toilets
- Add faucet and shower flow restrictors, front loading washers
- Energy efficient appliances, replace and recycle with energy efficient rated models
- Add plastic film over single pane windows, this can reduce heat lose by 25-50%
- Install ceiling fans, particularly in rooms with high ceilings
- Insulate hot water pipes that run through unheated areas
- Turn down the temperature on your hot water tank